The Coton de Tulear is a dog that should bring joy to your life if you need a canine companion, who is loving, affectionate, playful, and eager to please you. They love people and are especially devoted to their owner. For this reason they are called the “anti depression” or “anti stress” dog. Cotons are also called “velcro dogs” because they like to stick close to their owner. Cotons display clownish behavior, and are sometimes called “petite marionettes” (little puppets) by the French. They sometimes vocalize their zeal for life by trying to talk to you. Cotons typically have very good temperaments, and good health. They normally weigh 9-13 pounds, and have a lifespan of 14 to 18 years. A Coton’s hair is long and soft, and usually white, but sometimes black and white or tri-colored. Cotons feel like cotton, but are fluffier than silky. For information about the breed standard, glossary for new Coton owner‘s, dog ownership concerns, socialization, and training, go to our helpful links page or educational information section.
TOP TEN Reasons Why We Love Cotons
- Cotons are the best companion you will ever find.
- Cotons love you unconditionally.
- Cotons are delightful balls of fluff.
- Cotons are clownish.
- Cotons are devoted to their owner.
- Cotons can be “petite marionettes”…….like little puppets.
- Cotons play ball (fetch anyway).
- Cotons love to snuggle on your lap.
- Cotons are the “Royal Dog of Madagascar”.
- Cotons can do laundry (I wish!)
BACK TO TOP